Medina Veterinary Clinic is proud of its long history of providing quality service. The veterinary motto of do no harm is especially relevant today inlight of the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic. Our goal is to remain open to provide the same quality care and implement additional protections for the health and welfare of our staff and members of the community.
Therefore, we ask our clients to comport with these protocols.
- The Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”) and World Health Organization (“WHO”) recommend limiting contact with groups of more than ten (10) people.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call our office mainline at (330) 722-0041 to inform reception that you have arrived.
- We ask that you remain in your vehicle until you are notified via phone call or text message to enter the clinic for your appointment.
- You will immediately be taken into the exam room to be seen by the veterinarian.
- This measure is to ensure that there is not a gathering of more than ten people inside the waiting room at any given time.
- Throughout this process, our staff are committed to ensuring that areas under frequent human contact, i.e. doorknobs, chairs and the front counter are routinely sanitized.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, the staff ask that you remain at home so that we can continue to reduce the spread of this pandemic.
Thank you for your cooperation with these new procedures. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep the community informed if there are any additional developments.
– Dr. Kelly Parker and the staff of Medina Veterinary Clinic